Friday, November 9, 2012

The Darkness



A/N This poem is about depression, if you suffer from depression you may very well understand this, there is hope. Hope through prayer, medication, counseling. Talking to someone is a very good tool. Don't just stay locked up in the darkness, you are not alone. God loves you. If you need help or have any questions, feel free to drop me a line, I am not a counselor, just a friend willing to point you in the right direction. In Christ's unconditional love, Seanna Bowman



The Darkness

There used to be so much color
so much light
peace and happiness in my world
time had so much meaning,
I didn't much think about the darkness and the things that were in it.
But somewhere, at some point in time,
I don't know how, I don't know when, things began to go dim. I don't understand it. I look around me, I see all the blessings God has seen fit to give me. I don't deserve them. Not a single one. Yet here they are. My children, my home, family, his own grace, mercy, peace. These bright spots, I reach for, I reach with all my might. I strain to see, the darkness is all around me, pulling me down. I pray, I cry out to the brightest spot of all out of the darkness inside myself, I cry out to the Father, because I can't reach, I can't see. The darkness is everywhere, I reach out to Him from the darkness, and He pulls me into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment